[ news | movitivation | resources ]
- This year, the course will be organized online. Recordings
of the lecture will be provided (i.e., attendance is not
Everybody understands that producing working computer systems
requires testing. However, testing is only usefull as long bugs are
detected. After a bug has been detected its root cause has to be
found and fixed. Analysing the root cause of a failure is the task
We argue that beside proper testing, mastering the art of
debugging can increase productivity considerably. In this lecture
we revisit common testing techniques and explain novel debugging
Slides will be published during the weeks of the lecture. This
course is based on the book Why programs fail by Andreas
- Registration is required at
- The lecture will be given blocked in November; for dates see
- Recordings of the lecture will be provided for the whole
semester, so no attendance of the lecture is required.
- Organizational details will be discussed on Nov 11 in Zoom
(access will be provided to registered students).
- Grading is based on an (online) exam and exercises.
- Exercises have to be solved in groups of up to three
- The exercise description will be published in November.